Security Plus Managing and monitoring your security from almost anywhere in the world!
The Importance of Having A Security System
Safety should always be your number one priority especially when it comes to your family, your home, and your business. No matter what, you want to keep them safe and out of harm’s way. Of course, unless you take the right precautions, you can never know for sure what would happen when you leave the house.
Hoping for the best is not exactly a strategy rather an exercise in futility. Which is why, having a security system installed on your premise is of paramount importance. After all, if history and statistics have taught us anything, it is that everything that can go wrong will go wrong. So, it is best to always be prepared for the worst, though we wish that it would never come.
The growing crime rates in areas all over the country, including that of Kansas City, reflect a harsh reality that we must come to terms with. Most people, of course, would rather hide under a rock and simply ignore the facts. But that would be foolhardy. We must realize the danger posed by home invasions and burglaries. We are not just talking about the financial damage they can cause, but the trauma and fear of vulnerability they inevitably create. Which is why, all of us need to take precautions to ensure that we do not become victims ourselves.
What Can A Security System Do?
Security systems are designed to address a comprehensive list of emergencies. They do not only provide protection for your family and possessions but they can also keep your pets from harm. For instance, there have been cases where a fire broke out while no one was home, other than the pet. If it wasn't for a home alarm system in place, the family would have tragically lost its pet in a situation that could have been better addressed.
It should be noted here that home security systems are more effective because they do not rely on human intervention hence they are less prone to human error. If you have one installed, you no longer have to ask your neighbors to watch your house when you go on vacation. You can even check up on your home in real time.
Moreover, you can monitor virtually every inch of your home including less frequented areas like the attic, the basement, and the garage. This should make it even more difficult for intruders to try their luck as their usual methods will be hard to pull off on a well-secured home. In the off chance that intruders are able to break into your house, the alarms should prevent them from achieving their goals. Keep in mind that the blaring sounds are there not just to scare them away but to also alert the authorities.
Types of CCTV Kansas City
Now that we have covered how a personal security system can help protect you, let us now look at the many different Security Cameras Kansas City has to offer. This section of the article provides readers with a quick overview of different types of CCTV cameras available in the market today. Keep in mind that choosing the right CCTV Kansas City depends entirely on where you want to put it, and what you want to do with it.
- Indoor Cameras – There are actually two main types of indoor security cameras, the dome and the fixed lens cameras. While all security cameras are designed to offer a wider field of vision compared to your standard cameras, the dome cameras, however, take this to the extreme. These cameras can offer owners 360 degree coverage. This means that you only need a single camera to monitor the entire space.
At the other end of the spectrum, are the fixed lens cameras. These cameras focus permanently on a very specific area. This is best used for places that matter most, like potential entryways and rooms with valuables.
- Outdoor Cameras – As you may have surmised, outdoor cameras are designed to be more durable and weather-resistant. They specifically accommodate the wide range of lighting conditions one might expect outdoors. On top of this, their parts are designed in a way to ensure that they are able to capture the wider exterior view of the outside.
You can also maximize the wide range of options available to you. Depending on what you want, you can actually equip your outdoor camera features like night vision, heat detection, remote pan and tilt control, Infrared, motion detection sensors and even remote wireless connectivity. This way, you can effectively monitor the rest of your property with the same level of efficiency as you do within your house.
- Motion Detector Camera – This is actually a brilliant way to save memory. These motion detector cameras are activated whenever its sensors are triggered. When idle, they automatically hibernate until they are once again activated. This means that you can’t miss anything important as it can effectively detect suspicious activities in its field of vision.
- Moveable Cameras – These cameras offer homeowners full control and coverage. We highly recommend that this particular camera be made part of your home security system. These cameras come equipped with motor-driven actuators. This means that they can move automatically giving owners a wider field of view. On top of that, most of these cameras can also be remotely controlled so you can control its pan, tilt and zooming functions without any trouble. This way, you get to choose which area your camera should focus on.
- Wireless Cameras – These cameras can actually take on the form of indoor, outdoor, motion-sensing and moveable cameras. The only difference is that they are installed without the need to hardwire. Consider asking you CCTV Kansas City company if they have these cameras for you.
The Importance of Integrating Cameras with your Security System
As you may have figured out by now, security cameras are only part of the larger home security. You need to ensure that your cameras are integrated fully to your larger system, otherwise you are not maximizing their value. This means making sure that the camera feeds are accessible to you through your home security software.
We cannot overstate the importance of this. By doing this, you will be able to switch between different camera feeds and even monitor multiple feeds at the same time. On top of that, once you pair your cameras with remote monitoring and home automation features, you will be able to verify the identity of any visitor at your front door and even open it for them without having to be physically present. You can do it with just a simple press of a button.
Benefits of Installing a Personal Security System
Some people see installing a personal alarm system as an unnecessary expense. Unfortunately, these people are missing the point. You have to keep in mind that this is an investment in your family’s safety. Every dollar you spend will surely be worth it if it means that your family can sleep well tonight safe and sound.
There are a number of advantages to installing a personal home alarm system. Listed below are a few of them. Hopefully, these can convince you to make the right decision.
- Protection from Intruders – This is probably the main reason why people choose to have personal security systems installed in their homes. You have to keep in mind that the latest crime data show that homes with security systems in place are 2.7 times less likely to fall victim to burglaries and home invasions. So, this simply means that the mere presence of the alarm system is an effective deterrent against break-ins. Just merely having an alarm system installed could already be enough to protect your family.
Of course, there are also cases wherein the burglars still enter the house despite the presence of an alarm. In situations like this, it is virtually guaranteed that the intruders have something more sinister in mind than taking your possessions. Luckily, the alarms could give you and your family an early warning so you can get out immediately.
- Keeping Your Valuables Safe – Kansas City residents should know that burglaries last year cost homeowners $3.1 billion nationwide. And this is just from the two and a half million incidents which were reported. The same crime data also shows that homeowners lose an average $1,700 per incident. That should put things in perspective when we think about just how badly we need a home alarm system installed.
More than keeping your valuables safe, home security systems also go a long way in terms of protecting your personal space. This is because burglaries are essentially violations of a person’s space. The burglars don’t care about how dearly we hold our possessions. They took it solely for its retail value. Some of it has great sentimental value, while most of it was hard-earned. Yet, burglars don’t care about how much you worked hard for it or how deeply you valued the gifts you received. They do not respect the hard work you put in, nor do they respect your rights to your property. Security Systems will protect your property from burglars but we still recommend getting a safe to protect your valuables even more, a great resource for safes is UnProtectedSec.com.
Of course, most of the time simply having a home alarm system in place is enough to keep the bad elements at bay. Yet, when these fail to deter the criminals, they also play an important role in giving you the justice you deserve. In concrete terms, once the alarms are triggered, the authorities are quickly made aware of your situation. On top of that the CCTV cameras in place will be able to catch the perpetrators red handed. Not only will these increase the chances of them being caught, it also provides crucial visual evidence that can be presented in the court of law.
- Preventing Fire Damages – Many people do not realize that home security systems go well beyond the problem of home invasions. They could also be crucial when it comes to other emergencies in terms of providing additional layers of protection for your family.
While most homeowners make use of smoke alarms to warn them of any outbreak of fire, home security systems up the ante by going a step further. Alarm systems make use of an early warning system. They not only warn occupants of smoke, they also detect fluctuations and abnormal sources of heat. Once the alarms are set off, the authorities are immediately contacted.
This is surely a dramatic improvement for the field of fire prevention. As we know, fires spread quickly and they could also grow in a matter of minutes. Smoke detectors can only give you a limited amount of time to get to safety. This is because they can only warn you when there is already a fire burning in your home. Put this against advanced home security systems which alert you early on about the pressing danger signs that may eventually cause the fire in the first place and you can see clearly which option is more advantageous.
- Preventing Carbon Monoxide Poisoning - Carbon monoxide is a silent killer. It can easily poison whole families without anyone being aware that there is something wrong. This is because the gas itself is colorless and odorless gas, so it can be very hard to detect.
Our bodies can be easily poisoned by this gas because it can accumulate in the body in such a rapid rate. This is because the red blood cells can pick it up much faster than they can oxygen. So, because of this, the blood is then filled with carbon monoxide instead of oxygen which the different body tissues and organs need in order to function. Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning include headaches, dizziness, nausea, chest pains, vomiting, and confusion. In worst cases, it can end in death.
Commonly found in combustion fumes, carbon monoxide can also be released into unsuspecting homes through burning wood and charcoal, the stove, gas ranges, and even heating systems among many other things. Needless to say, given these common emitters, the risks are high for any home to experience carbon monoxide leaks.
So, having an alarm system in place is an absolute necessity at this point. Luckily, you can have carbon monoxide detectors integrated into your home security system. These detectors monitor gas levels in your home and will be able to detect any sudden spikes. It should also be noted that the alarms can be set up in a way that it is directly connected to the emergency services hotline. After all, swift medical response is the best way to address carbon monoxide poisoning. Keep in mind that the better the response time, the less severe the symptoms.
- Effective Home Monitoring Services – Sometimes, having the security systems in place is not enough, especially when you need someone to oversee it while you are gone.This is probably one of the most important benefits to having a home security system in place. Most of the time, the company that installed your system can be called upon to keep tabs on your place while you are gone. So, whenever you go on a vacation or a business trip, you can simply give your security company a call and ask them to monitor your home for you. There are also home security companies that offer this service for Kansas City residents.
This is certainly light years ahead of having you neighbor checking your house for you. For one thing, you neighbor won’t be able to do it constantly themselves. It is also worth noting that the security company will be making use of all the equipment already in place at your home. This way, they can watch out for break-ins, fire, carbon monoxide leaks and other emergency situations that may arise. In such situations, the security company will coordinate authorities in your place.
Of course, this does not mean that you are exchanging your safety with privacy. Once you have come back from your trip, you can simply give them a call to tell them that you are back and the monitoring service will cease immediately.
- Remote Home Monitoring – Nowadays, most homeowners want the ability to effectively keep an eye on their home even while they are not around. This is also considered to be among the top perks of having your own home alarm system.
It is actually simple enough to do. All you need is a stable internet connection as well as a computer or even a smartphone. Your security company will provide you with the app you need to take full control of your home system even while you are away.
The range of options is actually diverse. Homeowners have a number of different actions available to them, from remotely arming and disarming the alarms to real time camera feeds and camera maneuverability. Some security companies even allow owners to toggle household lights off and on as well as operating air conditioning and heating systems remotely. On top of that, homeowners are also given the power to monitor the motion detectors. Some of these options may seem strange, but they actually serve a purpose – making it seem like there is someone at home. This is what we mean when we say home security systems are now able to go beyond detection and monitoring.
Of course, this option does not come automatically with most home alarm system packages. If you are in the Kansas City area, it would be best to ask your security provider first if they have this type of service. It should also be worth noting that this works best when used in conjunction with the previously mentioned home monitoring services offered by many home security companies. After all, more eyes on your property can only decrease the chances of an emergency going unnoticed.
- Managing Energy Consumption in Your Home – Home automation is a probably the newest innovation presented in this list. It is certainly gaining popularity, so make sure to ask you CCTV Kansas City Company if they are offering this service.
This is actually part of the remote monitoring feature of many security systems. Yet, this particular benefit deserves to be given particular attention. Basically, you have full control over the different appliances in your home. This means that you can manipulate and control the thermostat, the lighting as well as some of the small appliances in your home through remotely.
This has a number of practical applications, as it can help you save a lot of money. For instance, you could use it to shut down the heating or cooling system remotely if you have accidentally left it running. You can also turn those systems on before you even arrive so that by the time you get there, the temperature is just right. Of course, its security applications can still be utilized. For instance, when it gets dark and you are still not home, you can simply turn on the lights to make it seem like there is someone there. I met the owner of a Locksmith Company in Capetown ( http://www.locksmith-capetown.com/ ) and he was showing us how he could even adjust these things from his cell phone here in the US. You can literally control your devices from anywhere in the world.
- Quick Emergency Medical Assistance – Medical emergencies often come without warning. That is why it should always be a primary concern for all homeowners. Luckily, many reputable home alarm companies, including those based in Kansas City, offer specialized medical alert buttons which can be triggered in these types of situations. Once pressed, it will send a signal to emergency services and responders will be sent to your home immediately.
This is actually a common feature for many personal alarm systems. Homeowners with children, sick family members, or those living with their elderly parents and the disabled can request this feature specifically. This is of utmost importance since you never know when you might need it. For instance, most elderly family members face the dangers of falling. Most of the time, someone is with them to ensure that this does not happen. However, in those rare instances that they are left alone, it is crucial for the elderly to have the proper means to call out for help. With this feature, help is just one click away. Fortunately, with a medical alert feature, if an elderly person falls at home when they are alone, they can signal the authorities for help immediately. The same principles apply for families with children and the medically infirmed.
It should be worth noting, however, that this feature is not an industry standard yet, so you may have to ask your security company for this particular service.
- Providing Peace of Mind to the Homeowner – This effectively summarizes the many benefits of having a personal alarm system. All of the things mentioned above ultimately contribute to giving you peace of mind.
When we say peace of mind, we do not just mean that feeling of personal safety. We also refer to the fact that you no longer have to face despair or helplessness during times of emergencies.
The fact that home alarm systems are directly connected to the emergency hotline should help put you at ease. This is because you know that you are not alone and that someone is already on their way to lend a helping hand.
This becomes particularly important for people living with children, seniors, and those with medical conditions. Once upon a time, it would have been unimaginable for homeowners to be at ease as there is always the fear that something might go wrong while our loved ones are left in the house. Now, we can feel confident about their safety.
If we so choose, we can even monitor our loved ones in real time. This is part of the wonders of technology, as remote cameras are becoming one the most popular home security options out there.
Getting Your Own Security System
Kansas City residents should weigh their options carefully when looking for a home security company. You need to ensure that they are capable and that they have a stellar reputation. After all, you are letting them into your home and giving them the oversight on your family’s safety.
We highly recommend that you do your research. Ask your friends and family for reputable security companies in your area. You can also look up CCTV Kansas City online to find nearby businesses that can help you. Just make sure that whatever you do, double check their reputation first. Try reading customer feedback as well since this can give you a concrete idea of what to expect from a particular company.
Personal safety, at the end of the day, this is what matters most. Wherever you are, this should always be the first priority. There is simply nothing more important than keeping your family safe and out of harm’s way.
However, we are now living in a time wherein the crime rates are on a steady climb. Urban areas, including Kansas City, are getting more and more dangerous. That is why we have to do everything in our power to keep our loved ones safe. Hoping for the best is not enough.
This article provides an overview of having a home security system installed. Keep these things in mind as they might come in handy.
BENEFITS OF A SECURITY SYSTEM
The Benefits Of Having A Video Surveillance System In Kansas City Kansas City can be a great place to live, study, and work in.…
With the number of robberies and thefts ever increasing, it is necessary for business owners to keep their premises secure. Fortunately, cutting edge security and…
Access control presents a completely new way for people and business owners to feel secure and gain control over their residential or commercial environments. Perfect…